The IQA Secretary assists the Executive Director, the Board and the President of Congress with document management to ensure the Operations, the Board and Congress can work as effective as possible. This includes taking minutes and preparing documents for high-level meetings (Congress, Board of Trustees, Department Heads) and general document management as well as redacting and editing these minutes for publication where necessary.
The secretary must be highly reliable and knowledgeable in the quidditch community to follow and process discussions on a wide range of topics within the IQA. The Secretary primarily reports to the Executive Director but works closely with the President of Congress and the Chair of the Board of Trustees.
This is an unpaid, volunteer position requiring approximately 10-15 hours per week with the potential for more surrounding certain events.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Attend high-level meetings (Congress, Board of Trustees, Department Heads)
- Take, edit and publish minutes of these meetings
- Redact sensitive information from minutes
- Assist in setting the agenda and documents for meetings
- Assist with general document management
- Assist the Executive Director in day-to-day business
In order to be a successful Secretary, you will have:
- Experience as part of the quidditch community preferred, ideally with international experience
- Experience in a leadership position in quidditch
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Excellent computer and text processing skills
- High professional ethical standards
- Distinct sense for sensitive data and information
- Excellent written and verbal English; other languages an asset